Saturday, August 04, 2007

Mt Snow Vt Nationals

not even sure why i am writing about this race- i didn't do it. but, i flew out anyway since i was planning on seeing my dad in between VT and NC and i was really looking forward to that.
So basically i stood on the sidelines and watched my teammates suffer through the muddy course. I prerode the day before with the team, and actually really liked the course, but i felt like crap if i tried to go hard. watching from the feed zone wasn't fun, but it was kinda cool to see all the girls at the front suffering as much as i usually do. that was good to see. Mary won, which wasn't a big surprise, since she races well in those conditions.
we drove away that rainy monday morning towards Hershey, PA where my dad lives. Natasha drove, and Erika and i navigated. my two older brothers Jay and Lenny were there monday night, which was pretty cool since i hadn't seen lenny in years. tuesday we went for a great ride with my dad, who took us to some trails by his house. i was a bit worried since my dad hadn't been on the mountain bike in a year, but he totally tore it up- i was so proud of him. the trails were in great condition, and we played around on them for a good 2+ hours. we went to his favorite ice cream place after dinner, and i got a death by chocolate sundae. if your gonna go, go big. we stopped by the local farmers market and got a lesson from a local guy about picking the right watermelon. east coast people are definitely a little different..
my dad stuffed us full of good food (his famous pancakes, which were EXCELLENT!) and sent us on our way wednesday morning, headed down to NC for the next race. back in the car.. woohooooo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I fit the category of "Dad". Watching Jen compete in NC was a real treat, as was the opportunity to ride with my daughter, Erica and Natasha. They took very good care of me and it was an experience I shall long cherish. You are an awesome young lady Jennifer, and I am more proud of you than you can imagine.