Sunday, January 06, 2008

broken, again

i am not sure what is wrong with me, but i am the most accident prone person alive i think. so in some previous posts i wrote about my knee bothering me, not really paying much attention to it since i figured i just whacked the hell out of it and needed some time to heal. but in no way would that include time off the bike or not racing...
after cx nationals on sunday when i couldn't move it or i would get shooting pains through my leg i thought it was just swollen and i was being wimpy. after 2 weeks of pain, i decided that i should get it checked out. I got an MRI which showed a fracture in my fibula and a really bruised bone. huh. maybe i'm not such a wimp after all- the bad part about it is that now i have to be off the bike for 6 weeks- no riding, running, hiking, snowboarding, skate skiing- absolutely nothing fun- the doc didn't exactly say that but he might as well have. i am supposed to be using crutches too. they hurt my arm pits. i started swimming again- i used to race back in high school, but i wasn't any good. its really boring. i hope i can make it through the next 5 weeks and 1 day. yes, i am counting. every... single... day...

1 comment:

scott showen said...

well that sucks, get well soon...